Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Deep Breaths

A firetruck just left me house. I locked the baby in the car this morning.

I put baby in car, got in the drivers seat, turned on the car and baby spilled his cheerios. He was saying "uh oh," "uh oh". "Mommy will pick them up baby, its okay." I get out of the car to go pick up cheerios and my elbow hit the lock button as I was climbing out. The door closes.

I freaked out a little, tears started running, but mainly went straight into action knowing it would take a while for anyone to get there to help us. I first called a locksmith. They said it would take them too long to get there and I should call 911. One 911 call later a firetruck was at our house in 5 mintues.

I mean you can't make this stuff up. It was a scene straight out of a trashy romance novel. Three HOT fireman all suited up come walking down the driveway, unlock the car, and hand me my rescued baby. Thank you gentlemen, can I offer you a beverage? Haha, just kidding...I didn't offer them a beverage. But they were cute, and they did resuce my baby and I am SO grateful it was fairly quickly.

Baby was pretty upset he didn't understand why he was in the car and all these people were around the car without coming into the car with him. It was scary I'm sure. He's okay though, Mommy's okay, and now we have a story to tell. I'd rather NOT have this story to tell. But it is what it is and lessons learned. (keep a spare key in the house)

The Fireman started playing with Jake (our golden retriever) on their way out...Jake was sad to see them go and DESPERATELY wanted to spend the day with them. They said "come on boy," and wished Jake would be thier fire dog.

Of course hubby is happy because this didn't end up costing him anything. Our tax dollars hard at work. Thanks Fireman! Can I offer you a beverage? ;)

Oh...I have to add. Baby had asked for raisins that morning but I gave him cheerios instead. My child is OBSESSED with raisins asking for them all the time but I'm afraid of all the sugar in them and that his teeth are going to rot out from them. Needless to say, after our little tragedy...baby got him some raisins :) sweet boy!

9 comments:

  1. Oh Kristen! I bet that was scary! I'm so glad they got there so fast... Definitely should have taken a picture to remember by though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These things happen ... at least you reacted swiftly as did the firemen. Did you take any pics? I totally would have. Especially since they were hot. "Yes, this photo needs to go into the baby album - they saved him!" Then you have that eye candy. Forever. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally contemplated taking a picture as I stood and watched them break into the car but wondered what they would think of that. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even imagine - poor little guy, but H-E-L-L-O firmen!! Happy to hear everyone is safe and sound! And I have got to get back into the blog groove, I have some catching up to do - which makes me so excited!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHHH THE THINGS I WOULD DO TO SEE A PICTURE OF THIS!!!!!! I'm still dying over this Mel... in all seriousness, it's scary... but put that aside... this story goes down in the books! I def say we stop by the fire station with some cookies, baby and Jakey! :) Glad the big boy is ok and thank you for the morning laughs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't even imagine how panicky you must have felt! I am so glad everything turned out fine. XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! It's me! I'm back and in NEED of a new post from you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! Crazy! So glad everything is ok though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you haven't given up on your blog! I miss your adorable posts!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template By Designer Blogs